We have been getting lots of messages this season regarding running Hockey Pool Fundraisers on HostedPools. A number of these people coming to us from a site that does things quite differently. HostedPools wasn’t initially set up as a fundraiser option and only a small percentage of the pools managed on our site fit into that category. That said, we’re working to help those teams and organizations that want to use our service for their fundraising needs. Here’s how you would set up and manage your pool on HostedPools:
Steps to Managing Your Fundraiser Office Pool
- Register or Sign In to your own personal HostedPools account.
- Create your pool with an easy to remember pool Id and password which people can use to find your pool on the site.
- Set up your list of players (or teams) with the ‘Import Fundraisers’ option in Manager tools if you want to track entrants by player/team.
- Send out the Join Link from the Rules/Settings page in the pool menu. Alternatively, you can send out invites from the site, but they will sometimes get blocked by spam filters, so initially you’re better off contacting people directly with the information you’ve set up. You can send yourself an invite to see what would be included in the message.
- Your entrants use the join link to access your pool. It will prompt them to register or login to their own account in order to do so.
- Your entrants set up their entries, choosing the player/team they are supporting.
- Your fundraisers/players collect for the entries they’ve brought in. You can track payments via the Entries page.
- Close the pool to new entrants once the deadline has passed and no new teams will be entered. This will calculate the fee for your pool according to the type and size of the pool. Payments are due 10 days after the pool has started.
- Entrants log in to their own account to make their selections each week prior to the deadline (7 pm Eastern for Hockey Pools). We handle updating all results/standings.
- Once the pool is complete, you handle the payout based upon your pre-determined rules.
If you want to run multiple pools in the same season, let us know, and we can automate the setup, as well as offer a discount, on the 2nd pool.
We have been asked a number of times about seller sheets as well, so we have set some of those up to assist you.